29 April 2006

Kangaroo Valley and Fitzroy Falls


Since Australia has two long weekends back to back K and I decided to use the second one (plus an extra day) to go camping in Kangaroo Valley, Southern Highlands. It's only about 1 hour from where K grew up and is beautiful.

The days were sunny and warm about 25 degrees but the nights dropped to about 2-3 degrees quite a shock for us after such a hot summer here. Luckily we were well prepared, still a scout at heart me. Dan (or Suntan as he likes to be known, one of my mates from work, a Canadian and mean Bike rider) decided to join us for our downhill mountain bike ride on the Sunday. It was a 3 hour early morning drive from Manly for the lad. We got a bus ride up to Fitzroy Falls with the guide and given our bikes and a trail to follow back down. Dan said it was "entry level, but good fun". K said "oh my god I nearly died!" she went over the handle bars twice. I said "wwwooaaahhh and aahhhhh and ffuuuucccckkk and wwwwweeeeeee" trying to keep up with Dan and his tricks!

No comments: